TOOTH COLORED FILLINGS
What is a tooth-colored filling?
They are designed to match the color of your teeth and are known as composites. They look and react like natural teeth. They are used to:
- Mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure
- Restore teeth that have been fractured or decayed
- Cosmetically enhances the color, size, and shape of teeth
How long do tooth colored fillings last?
They are cosmetically appealing, but they can last approximately 5 years when compared to a silver filling that lasts about 10 years. But silver fillings cannot be used in the teeth which come under the smile line, and only tooth-colored fillings are preferred in that area.
How is it done?
It takes longer to place a composite filling when compared to the silver one. The tooth-colored filling requires the area to be dry and clean of saliva while the cavity is being filled.
- Fear of dentists in general which is usually due to a bad experience in the past
- Fear of embarrassment where they feel that the dentist might judge them or lecture about the oral hygiene
- Fear of pain due to the dental procedures
- Fear of losing control due to fear of the dentist or lack of trust in the dentist.
Are tooth colored fillings better than silver?
- More natural-looking
- Attractive restorations
- They can be used in either front or back teeth whereas silver fillings can only be used in the back teeth
- Similar durability to silver fillings
- Blends with your smile and strengthens your teeth
- Numerous shade options to match with your natural teeth
In a society driven by bright and white teeth, it is natural for people to want fillings that blend with their natural teeth. Visit the Fresh Family Dental Clinic to get a tooth-colored filling done today!