DENTAL EXAMINATION & DENTAL DEEP CLEANING
Regular dental examinations are an essential part of your preventive dental care. During a dental exam, the dentist will:
- Check for cavities or gum disease
- Evaluate other oral health problems
- Check face, neck, and mouth for abnormalities
- Professionally clean your teeth
- Take dental X-rays if required
- Demonstrate proper brushing/flossing technique
- Assess your need for fluoride
- Discuss diet and oral hygiene habits
When to have a dental exam? The American Dental Association recommends the adults to adhere to the schedule determined by a dentist. This is because regular dental exams help protect your oral and general well-being.
Professional cleaning includes tooth scaling, polishing, and debridement if too much tartar is present on the teeth. Even though regular brushing and flossing are done on a daily basis, there are chances that tartar can still develop.
The essential facts about dental cleaning include:
- They are designed to clear away plaque, tartar, and stains that have accumulated on the teeth over a period of time
- Dentists employ specialized instruments to carefully dislodge or remove these deposits without causing any harm to the teeth.
- American Academy of General Dentistry recommends that a dentist performs a dental cleaning at least twice a year.
- The dentist can detect areas that warrant particular attention, and that can be added to the at-home oral health regimen.
Book an appointment with Dr. Patel from Fresh Family Dental Clinic to get your dental examination and professional cleaning. Please be advised that it is best to receive any educational information or preventive services at the time of professional cleaning.